Google Introduces New Rules for Big Email Senders
Do you send a lot of emails? If you do, Google has some new rules you should know about.
From February 2024, Google is setting up new rules for people or companies that send more than 5,000 emails every day to Gmail accounts.
What Are The Rules?
- Check Your Email is Real: When you send a lot of emails, you need to show they are coming from you. You can do this using things like SPF, DKIM, or DMARC.
- Make it Easy to Stop Getting Emails: If someone gets an email from you and they don’t want it anymore, they should be able to stop it with just one click. And when they say “stop,” you need to make sure they don’t get any more emails in two days.
- Don’t Send Spam: Google will be checking to make sure not too many of your emails are spam. There will be a limit on how much spam you can send.
Google says these rules are like cleaning up your emails. They think good email senders already do these things.
What Should You Do?
If you send emails to a lot of people (more than 5,000), you should learn these rules and get ready before February 2024. Here’s how:
- Use a good email sending service.
- Make sure your email list has only the people who want your emails.
- Try sending emails that are just for certain groups of people.
- Make your emails personal.
- If you send to fewer people, these tips are still good to use.
These new rules will help cut down on unwanted emails. It’s good for everyone, not just for Gmail users. By following these rules, your emails will do better as things change in the future.
and stay up-to-date with the latest news about our platform and affiliate marketing.